It is time to start collecting photos for the 2023 Calendar! Below are the guidelines for submitting your photos. All submissions must include your bio and captions for your photos including date (or near date). Each photo file name must begin with your name. PLEASE SEND US YOUR COMPLETE PHOTO SUBMISSIONS BY February 28, 2022. Any submissions received after our selection will be held for the following year.
CALENDAR SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Calendar Photo Submissions: We invite our members to send us photos for future calendar consideration. You must limit your submissions to 10 of your favorite photos highlighting the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad that you have taken.
Please send the highest quality/largest size image possible.
· Only high -quality JPEG or TIFF files will be acceptable.
· Largest possible file sizes are always recommended to produce the best results as we need a 300dpi image to print a good calendar.
· A camera file of 2 megapixel is a image of 1600 by 1200 pixels – each divided by 300 dpi – gives a print size of about 5 by 4 inches. This would be just marginally large enough for our ‘Thumbnail’ spots
· A camera file of 19 megapixel is a image of 5400 by 3600 pixels this can be cropped to 3600 by 3600 pixels – divided by 300dpi – gives a print size of 12 by 12 inch for a feature or cover photograph.
· We prefer photos as large as your camera can take them, so even with 5- or 8-megapixel cameras, shoot at the highest possible resolution.
PHOTO FILE MUST BE NAMED AS INDICATED! Please rename each photo using the following format: Photographer Last Name, First Name, Submission Year, Caption, Date Taken (month day year)NOTE NAME MUST BE FIRST such as:
Smith, John, 2023, 463 Crossing Lobato Trestle on a sundrenched day with wildflowers, May 31 2018
Be sure to include a brief bio (WE WILL NOT USE “LAST YEAR’S BIO” this is your personal statement and we will not rewrite or edit YOUR information!) and contact information in a Word Document (NO PDF FILES! We need to be able to copy and paste!) along with your captioned photos or a Word Document that includes your photo file name and providing captions on a CD to:
Friends of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, Inc.
4421 McLeod Rd NE, Suite F
Albuquerque, NM 87109.
Electronic submissions will be accepted at email@example.com. If you prefer, contact us for an online file sharing link to use to upload your photos. Your may also send photos via WETRANSFER.COM.
All photos submitted become property of the Friends of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, Inc. and may be used in other promotional materials.
Photo submissions that do not adhere to the above requirements will not be considered as part of the selection process.